The recently opened 25hours Bikini Berlin provides guests with bicycles right in their hotel rooms. The bikes are presented on the shelf GÎPON, a special edition by MIKILI – Bicycle Furniture, manufactured exclusively for the Design Hotels group.
Mikili Bicycle Furniture supplies 25Hours Design Hotel in Berlin with Bicycle Shelves
The seventh 25hours hotel opened at the end of January in the historical BIKINI BERLIN complex. Located in the heart of City West, between the urban park Tiergarten – Berlin’s green lung – and the pulsating Breitscheidplatz, the hotel presents Berlin from its cosmopolitan side.
Featuring flexible workspaces and innovative conference rooms, a panorama restaurant with an outlook over the city and the Berlin Zoo, a 24-hour kiosk run by the publishing house Gestalten, and a sauna with a fantastic view, 25hours caters to every need of the modern traveler – arrive in the city, feel a part of it, and make no compromises. Accordingly, the hotel attaches great importance to the mobility needs of its guests: All guests staying in one of the 23 rooms of the category Urban L enjoy the exclusive use of a bicycle of the brand Schindelhauer for the duration of their stay at no extra cost. This gives them a fast, flexible, and environmentally friendly option for getting from place to place in the city.
The special highlight: The bike hangs stylishly in the hotel rooms on GÎPON – a bicycle shelf designed exclusively for 25hours by MIKILI – Bicycle Furniture. A special edition of the Berlin design studio, GÎPON captivates due to its tasteful use of form and high-quality workmanship. The body of the shelf is made of solid European oak wood, and the bicycle frame rests on a gray natural felt overlay; both are 100% handmade in a social workshop in Berlin.
Key facts about the GÎPON bicycle shelf:
• Product: High-quality bicycle shelf made of European oak wood (solid, whitened), gray natural felt overlay
• Production: VIA Workshops Berlin, certified workshop for persons with disabilities
• Design: Sebastian Backhaus and Leopold Brötzmann
Key facts about the 25hours Hotel:
• Location: 25hours Hotel Bikini Berlin, Budapester Strasse 40, 10787 Berlin
• Hotel: 149 rooms, playful design mix oscillating between urban jungle and Berlin Zoo, design: Team Werner Aisslinger, conference area for up to 100 persons, rooftop bar and restaurant, sauna on the 9th floor with a view to the ape house of the zoo, free WLAN
• Rooms: A cozy retreat from the bustle of the city with urban or jungle-inspired design elements, bathrooms with Rainshower shower heads, air conditioning, safe, mini bar, iHome docking station, LAN connectivity